Pasting a Screenshot into Word
How to take a "screen shot"
How to position images in Word
- Select the window that you want to take a picture of (a "screenshot")
- While holding down the ALT key, hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard. This will take a picture of the window that is currently active. If you don't hold down the ALT key and just hit Print Screen, a picture of the entire sceen will be taken. The screenshot will be stored on the clip board.
- Go to your Microsoft Word document.
- Position your curson where you want the screenshot to appear and select Paste from the Edit menu.
- The screenshot should now appear in your Word document.
Now that you have pasted your screenshot into your Word document, you may want to be able to move the image around. To do this, right click on the image and choose Format Image from the menu that appears.
In the Format Picture window, choose the layout tab. Changing the Wrapping Style to In front of text will allow you to move your image around the Word document.